Looking for your perfect job? But can’t seem to remember what job you have applied for, or what the job description entails? Here are some suggestions of how to stay organized while trying to find your perfect job!
Pay attention to detail! While applying for a plethora of jobs, it is important to pay attention to each aspect of your job search, from your application, to your resume, or portfolio. Here are some tips that may help you stay organized.
- While you are in the hunt for your perfect job it is important to keep track of what you’re applying for, right? So why not create a binder, or folder, to help you keep track of important documents that have helped you with your job search. Such as, an interview calendar, copies of the job applications which you have applied for, your resume, and business cards.
- Set a goal for yourself of how many jobs you would like to apply for. Whether they are a daily, weekly, or monthly goal, they will help you stay motivated throughout your job search, and allow you to apply in an efficient manner.
- Double check your social media websites. Is there a tagged picture, post, or even a tweet, that does not capture your best professional character? It might be a good idea to take it down. Wouldn’t you think? It is important when applying for jobs that you present yourself in a way that shows you are the best potential candidate for the position.
- Are you flooding the market with job applications, but can’t seem to remember which ones you have applied for, or even remember the job description when an employer gets back to you? Try making a spreadsheet containing information like the company you are applying for, what position, a brief description of the job, and the date you submitted your application, will definitely help you stay organized.
- Finally, time management is the key to finding your perfect job. Schedule yourself some time throughout your day to properly, and correctly, fill out job applications. With today’s technology this step has been made easy. Utilize smartphone applications to set a reminder, or an alarm on your phone, or even set it up the old fashioned way by using a planner. This will ultimately help you stay organized and ensure that you are using your full potential to find your perfect job!